WE COMMEMORATE OUR 50 YEARS OF EXISTENCE IN APRIL A HISTORY AND A PRESENT OF STRUGGLES AND PROPOSALS FOR A NEW LAW OF SOCIAL PROTECTION
On Wednesday 07/04/10 in our March No. 939, together with organizations of active and retired workers, social, territorial, popular, and national deputies, we entered our House of Representatives New Bill of Social Security (in the Chamber of Deputies of the Nation). Exp. 1418-D-2010), with the signature of deputies of various blocks. Together with active workers, professionals and deputies we will present it there again supported by the National Campaign for a Million Signatures, for debate and sanction. In our ordinary Congress No. 46 we approved, among other resolutions:
I) The Congress, unanimously ratifies the fight for the FIVE POINTS agreed with a set of organizations of retired people and unions:
1) Minimum retirement not lower than the Minimum Wage,
2) 82% mobile on the salary of the active worker in his / her own position, office or function and the recomposition of the salary according to the work history of each worker in all the scales.
3) Creation of the National Social Welfare Institute, which will function as a public non-state public nonprofit entity, with economic, legal, financial, accounting and administrative autonomy directed and administered, as established by the National Constitution, for its interested parties, which are the representatives of active workers, retirees and the participation of the State.
4) Normalization of the INSSJP (PAMI), ending the Intervention and updating all those concepts corresponding to social benefits, guaranteeing an equitable, effective and timely coverage of the beneficiaries, whatever their place of residence.
5) Housing in Comodato for retirees and pensioners, the 10 (ten) percent of the housing units whose construction is financed directly or indirectly, totally or partially, with funds from the National Treasury.
III) Present again in the National Congress our projects: the New Social Welfare Law; the law for the normalization of the INSSPJ (PAMI) and the Housing in Comodato for Retirees, because they lost parliamentary status.
XI) To guarantee the sustainability of the Intergenerational Solidarity Sharing System, we propose, among other measures, progressive taxation of luxury goods, bingo halls and casinos, multinational mining, oil companies, financial income, restoration of employer contributions that were reduced by decree of the Executive Power in the decade of the 90s, that continues to govern until the present.
BEFORE THE PRICE INCREASES THAT ARE OCCURRING, AN EMERGENCY INCREASE ISURGENTLY REQUIRED FOR ALL SCALES! The basic basket of an older adult that for 10 years has been updated every six months, currently covers 39% of the minimum needs. Our solidarity with the consequent struggle of the organizations of pensioners and Chilean pensioners. On Sunday, April 22, the National Coordinator NO + AFP (No More Administrators of Private Pension Funds) called for a massive march in different parts of that country, putting in the center again its proposal for social security and retirement on the table.